WCCS Pie Baking Contest – Official Rules
- Amateur/novice bakers only. If you make your living or any portion of by baking pies, please do not enter. There is no entry fee to enter the contest! Only one entry per individual.
- A pie has a bottom crust, perhaps a top crust and a filling. Tarts are allowed.
- The recipe for the pie and the pie crust MUST accompany each entry. All recipes must be typed on an 8 1/2 x 11″ sheet of paper. Contestants name, address, phone number, and email should be printed on the back of the recipe.
- All entries should be baked in a home kitchen. A pie has a bottom crust, perhaps a top crust, and a filling. Crust and filling must be made from scratch. No store-bought crust, dough, or filling is allowed.
- Pies should be submitted in a disposable pan. No pie pans will be returned!
- Two identical pies are to be submitted for each entry. One for judging and the other for a live auction (this is why we require disposable pie tins) or consumption.
- Pies should be submitted covered and at the appropriate temperature for the type of pie. Therefore, some pies should be delivered in an ice cooler for safety’s sake.
- Pie must be prepared and submitted in the name of the individual who submits the pie for judging.
- Do NOT write your name on the pie tin. It will be assigned a number at check-in.
- Pies should be dropped off at the Marshall House promptly at 4:00 pm for check-in. No late entries will be accepted. Only 12 entries will be allowed.
- Pies will be judged by appearance, crust, filling, and overall taste.
- Following the judging, the pies will be sold to the audience and proceeds will benefit WCCS.
- All decisions are final. Judges will not know the names of the contestants while judging.
Drop off entry forms at Russian River Senior Center or e-mail to Emily.firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 3:00 p.m. June 14.