Under general supervision the RRA Shuttle Driver will provide transportation to eligible participants.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide transportation to eligible participants to medial, social, shopping and recreation appointments and activities using the 11-passenger van with a wheelchair lift
- Report suspected abuse, neglect or exploitation of program participants to Sonoma County Adult Protective Services and/or law enforcement
- Successfully perform scheduled manifest by picking up all clients on time and delivering them to their destinations safety and within a reasonable time frame
- Ensuring the safety of all passengers by use of appropriate on-board restraints
- Document thoroughly the course of the day including odometer readings, times and passenger information
- Fueled van daily and maintained interior and exterior of the vehicle
- Conduct pre and post trip vehicle inspection, report safety issues to Mobility Manager
- Safely secure wheelchair passengers using L915 Wheelchair Lift
- Provide excellent customer service
- Follow all traffic laws as expected
- Other duties as assigned
- Clean background check and DOJ fingerprint clearance
- Valid CA driver’s license and proof of insurance
- Clean DMV record
Abilities, Skills & Knowledge
- Successfully complete training in Series 06 L915 Commercial Wheelchair Lift
- Exhibited safe and defensive driving skills
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Excellent driving record
- Maintain records
- Represent the members, agency and the community in a professional manner
- Maintain confidentiality & client respect
Physical Requirements The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully per form the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to regularly use hands, finger, handle or feel objects, tools, controls and equipment. The employee is required to both see and hear. The employee must be able to walk, sit, and stand. The employee occasionally lifts up to 20 lbs., and occasionally kneels and bends.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
West County Community Services is an equal opportunity employer. Our agency values Diversity and consider all applications for all positions without regard to color, ethnic background, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status, or any other legally protected.
By signing below, I acknowledge I have read and received a copy of this job description.
Print Full Name