West County Community Services (WCCS) is a non-profit serving the most vulnerable regardless of their religious, social, or economic background.
JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: 28 hr. Rapid Re-Housing Case Manager Position
$19-21 hr. Closing date 8/19/18
The Housing and Homeless Services Department is seeking to fill a Part-time Case Manager position providing housing services to individuals and families in the lower Russian River area.
The Part-Time Case Manager will provide varying levels of case management, crisis intervention, and support services to clients in the Rapid Re-housing program.
The Rapid Rehousing Case Manager is responsible for completing client intake/assessment to identify the needs and strengths of the referred participants for services. Homeless clients are referred through Coordinated Entry.
Additional job responsibilities include:
• Assist clients in developing and implementing an individualized action plan and budget to meet the client’s short and long-term needs.
• Complete case note documentation on a timely basis.
• Maintain statistical data and complete reports as appropriate to evaluate the effectiveness of services delivered
• Enter data in HMIS and complete annual and exit assessments as required.
• Ensure that client and program records are maintained and up to date, ensure data entry is timely and provide reports as required.
• Must be able to communicate effectively, get along with coworkers and management and deal effectively and professionally under pressure.
• Must be able to work independently and with minimal supervision
• Provide case management to clients of the program
• Assist and support participants with housing searches and to secure permanent housing.
• Develop relationships with landlords and provide mediation between landlords and families as needed.
• Participate in agency, program, and community meetings as appropriate.
• Assist Program Supervisor as needed/requested.
• Ensure that site is neat and tidy and report all maintenance or safety issues to the property manager or supervisor immediately.
• Participate in agency Program Quality Improvement Activities and initiatives
• Participate in agency Safety initiatives and proactively report safety issues to management immediately
• Regular attendance is a requirement of the position.
• Other duties may be assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Counseling, Social Work or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience. Housing needs and assistance experience required. Experience working with culturally diverse population and homeless individuals or families preferred. Current CPR and First Aid Certification required (or completed within 30 days of hire). Valid California driver’s license with access to a personal vehicle and current insurance that can be used for company business.
WCCS is committed to providing safe and productive working, learning, and living environments for our staff and clients. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final candidates being considered for employment. Background checks may include, but are not limited to, criminal history, national sex offender search, and motor vehicle history.
Equal Employment Opportunity
WCCS is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. There shall be no discrimination in hiring on the basis of applicant’s race, sex, color, religion, age, veteran status, national origin, medical condition, physical or mental disability, actual or perceived sexual orientation, HIV status or any other characteristic protected by law.
We look forward to reviewing your resume and cover letter.