Title: Empowerment Center Manager
Program: Consumer Self Help – Empowerment Center
Reports To: Counseling & Behavioral Health Division Director
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
HOURS: 0.85 FTE (34 hours/week)
Apply to: Christy.Davila@westcountyservices.org
We have an opening for a Program Manager at the Russian River Empowerment Center. The candidate needs to identify as a consumer of mental health services, should have strong office administration skills, and familiarity/experience with peer to peer support programs. 32 hours per week, Monday-Thursday 9 am-5:30 pm. The pay range is $15-18 depending on experience.
Under the direction of the Director of Housing and Behavioral Health, the position will coordinate, implement and supervise the programs, activities and operations of the Empowerment Center and its staff.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan, implement and supervise activities that sustain the effective operation of EC.
- Coordination, supervision and support of EC staff in daily operations.
- Maintain a calm, compassionate and consistent leadership presence for the staff and membership.
- Consult with the Director of Counseling and Behavioral Health to collaborate and consult with Sonoma County Mental Health to develop, plan and implement the consumer-run drop in center and associated activities.
- Assist and participate in recruitment, selection, and training of staff and volunteers.
- Evaluate employee performance and address any performance problems in accordance with agency policy
- Manage EC in accordance with budget.
- Maintain client confidentiality.
- Cultivate, develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with partners, community-based organizations, educational institutions, businesses, and employment and training organizations.
- Communicate, support and promote the program in the community and network with other similar consumer driven programs.
- Ensure all records are maintained according to organizational standards including but not limited to ongoing data collection and completion of quarterly reports to funders.
- Adhere to all WCCS agency & EC program Policies and Procedures in accordance with protocols appropriate for a consumer-driven peer support program.
- Coordinate & facilitate, along with other staff & EC members, monthly members meetings and collaborate with and support the Members Advisory Council.
- Ensure that the EC is a safe environment for members and staff.\
- Perform other job duties as assigned by Counseling & Behavioral Health Director
Minimum requirements, skills and knowledge
- Must have current or former experience as a consumer of mental health services
- 2-3 years supervisory experience required
- Bachelor degree in a Human Service Field preferred
- Ability to prioritize and problem solve
- Knowledge of the consumer self-help movement strongly preferred
- Must be able to demonstrate leadership skills and the ability to effectively involve peers in self-help activities
- Computer experience with Microsoft Office applications, electronic mail & calendaring (prior experience with Google applications preferred).
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to interact effectively with diverse populations.
- Satisfactorily pass background check and DOJ fingerprint clearance
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to regularly use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, controls and equipment. The employee is required to both see and hear. The employee must be able to walk, sit and stand. The employee occasionally lifts up to 20 lbs., and occasionally kneels and bends.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
West County Community Services is an equal opportunity employer. Our agency values Diversity and consider all applicants for all positions without regard to color, ethnic background, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status, or any other legally protected. We encourage applicants of diverse backgrounds to apply for any open position in which they feel qualified. For more information about our agency visit www.westcountyservices.org. Find us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/West-County-Community-Services.