WCCS's Youth Education and Employment Services program (YEES) is offered in cooperation with the Federal Workforce Investment Act, Sonoma County Human Services Department and a consortium of agencies including Petaluma People Services Center, Social Advocates for Youth, Sonoma County Adult and Youth Development and The Center for Social and Environmental Stewardship.
Youth Link assists eligible youth to become successful community members through identifying and achieving career and educational goals, case management support and assistance with individual needs such as housing, food, counseling and/or parenting skills. The program provides individualized assistance with issues such as academic achievement, employability skills, life skills and leadership development. Youth who participate in the program work one-on-one with an individual case manager, who acts as a personal coach, helping them to identify and address personal needs, set goals and be successful.
Services for youth who participate in the YEES programs may include the following opportunities:
- Individualized assistance with applications, resume and cover letter writing, reference lists, and job search.
- Career assessments.
- Work readiness workshops on various topics including money management and job-related soft skills.
- Opportunity to participate in ecological crew paid work experience or individual internships.
- Community and work-related learning experiences such as job shadows, local community clean-up projects, and volunteer opportunities.
- Assistance in applying to colleges or trade schoos with applications, financial aid, scholarships and housing.
- Academic tutoring including GED and CAHSEE preparation.
- Leadership opportunities in the community.
- Referrals to other resources as needed, including access to additional job-related experiences with other agencies.
Eligibility requirements include:
- Serves youth 14 to 21 years of age
- Requires low income and/or special education/study skills student
- One or more barriers to success
WCCS's Youth Education and Employment programs are located at 477 Petaluma Ave. in Sebastopol. Contact Carrie Peterson at (707) 823-1640, x1026 for more information. If you are interested in the YouthLink program, please go to the link below & complete the interest form. Thank you.